Skip to main content

Featured

A Dash of Christmas Spirit by Susan Buchanan #Review

  Welcome to Susan Buchanan for Book 5 in her Christmas Spirit series, A Dash of Christmas Spirit which was published on September 22nd! There is also a giveaway for you. Details on how to enter are at the foot of this post. CAN LARA ADD A SPRINKLING OF MAGIC THIS CHRISTMAS? Jacob introduces ever tastier treats to the Sugar and Spice cafe’s menu as the Christmas Spirit knits her magic into the lives of those finding this Christmas tough. Florence is struggling to make ends meet and afford the present she knows her son wants for Christmas. Her ex-husband flaunting his new girlfriend and their baby isn’t helping her mood. Widower Jude feels a failure as a father to his two young children after the tragic death of his wife The move to Winstanton was meant to make life easier. Can he learn to carve out time to build new friendships and give himself the chance to grieve? Rachel’s boss has given the promotion he promised her to the man twenty years her junior, whom she trained. S...

Far from Home by T A Williams #Review #BeneathItalianSkiesBook3

 

As ever, I am delighted to feature another romance by T A Williams, set in beautiful Italy. Far from Home was published by Canelo on May 9th.


The secrets of the past will unlock her future…

Working in the fast-paced foreign exchange market in Canary Wharf, Amy never expected her job to drive her to collapse. With her doctor advising she take a month off work, when Amy receives a solicitor’s letter informing her of a surprise inheritance in Italy, the timing couldn’t be more perfect.

But who on earth has left her a house in the sleepy Tuscan hills?

As she gets to know the town and its inhabitants, Amy discovers more about the mysterious man who named her in his will. Shocking family secrets come to light, leaving Amy questioning the life she knew.

The town of Sant’Antonio holds more than just secrets. Here, Amy meets Adam, a renowned TV journalist whose documentaries take him to dangerous places. But as their attraction grows, so do Amy’s worries. Her life is in England, while Adam’s is untethered and under constant threat…

An emotional, heartwarming love story full of family drama and quirky locals.


 My Thoughts

We are back to beautiful Tuscany for this lovely summer read. Amy is one of those driven characters who has put work before everything else and thinks that she has got her future all planned out. Of course, when she is forced to stop for a time due to exhaustion, she has the ideal opportunity to reevaluate her life. A surprise bequest takes her to Tuscany and the beautiful community of Sant' Antonio. I loved the descriptions of the village and the community there. It sounded so inviting. 

    There is a mystery to unravel around why she has received the gift of the villa she finds there. Renovating it brings her into contact with some lively locals and adds warmth to the story. My favourite character as ever has to be a certain black labrador who befriends Amy. A TA Williams story would not seem right without one. With the promise of new beginnings, Amy soon settles into village life and meets a variety of people. With all the sights and sounds of the Tuscan village, this is a great way to spend a weekend.

 

In short: uplifting romance

About the Author

I’m a man. And a pretty old man as well. I did languages at university a long time ago and then lived and worked in France and Switzerland before going to Italy for seven years as a teacher of English. My Italian wife and I then came back to the UK with our little daughter (now long-since grown up) where I ran a big English language school for many years. We now live in a sleepy little village in Devonshire. I’ve been writing almost all my life but it was only ten years ago that I finally managed to find a publisher who liked my work enough to offer me my first contract.

The fact that I am now writing escapist romance is something I still find hard to explain. My early books were thrillers and historical novels and I now also write cozy crime, but my first love has always been romance. Maybe it’s because there are so many horrible things happening in the world today that I feel I need to do my best to provide something to cheer my readers up. My books provide escapism to some gorgeous locations and descriptions of food to make you drool.

 

You can follow Trevor here: Twitter | Website | Facebook 

You can read my reviews of some of Trevor's books here: Dreaming of Christmas |  Dreaming of Florence   |   Dreaming of St Tropez| Dreaming of Rome | Dreaming of Verona | Dreaming of Italy
  
Thanks to T A Williams, Boldwood Books, and Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for a copy of the book and a place on the event.
#


 


Comments

Popular Posts