Skip to main content

Featured

A Dash of Christmas Spirit by Susan Buchanan #Review

  Welcome to Susan Buchanan for Book 5 in her Christmas Spirit series, A Dash of Christmas Spirit which was published on September 22nd! There is also a giveaway for you. Details on how to enter are at the foot of this post. CAN LARA ADD A SPRINKLING OF MAGIC THIS CHRISTMAS? Jacob introduces ever tastier treats to the Sugar and Spice cafe’s menu as the Christmas Spirit knits her magic into the lives of those finding this Christmas tough. Florence is struggling to make ends meet and afford the present she knows her son wants for Christmas. Her ex-husband flaunting his new girlfriend and their baby isn’t helping her mood. Widower Jude feels a failure as a father to his two young children after the tragic death of his wife The move to Winstanton was meant to make life easier. Can he learn to carve out time to build new friendships and give himself the chance to grieve? Rachel’s boss has given the promotion he promised her to the man twenty years her junior, whom she trained. S...

About Last Night

 

Today's featured novel is About Last Night by A S Kelly. A  romcom, it certainly will keep you amused. 

 
Allow me to introduce myself.

My name is Tyler Hayes, and I’m a fireman.

Sorry to already disappoint you, but I’m not the person you think I am.

My charming uniform and seductive smile have caused nothing but trouble, and my not-so-honourable reputation, which I used to be so proud of, has kept me away from the one person I wanted to spend the rest of my life baking cookies for; my sweet, beautiful, slightly crazy Miss White.

I guess now I need to tell the whole story.

At forty years old, following years of self-sabotage, I’ve suddenly found myself admitting that I know absolutely nothing. Maybe my friend Niall was right when he told me to accept the process and just grow up. And now it's too late; I’ll never be able to keep her close to me. All that’s left to do is watch helplessly – but deservedly – as my world comes tumbling down around me.

My Thoughts

The two central characters of Tyler and Holly certainly dominate the action and I enjoyed how the story alternated between their two points of view. The genaral tone is humorous and I liked the banter between Tyler and his family and friends. Both Holly and Tyler are certainly very different characters. with Holly being pushed way out of her comfort zone on many occasions.

    At times I found it hard to figure out Tyler's character as he seemed to be straying towards being too overbearing and possessive towards Holly but on the whole, I had to take his family's view that he was a good guy who liked to help people out. Holly turned out to have a few surprises of her own and it became clear that she had a motive for moving to Ireland. On the whole it is a diverting read with lots of humour and a fair degree of passion.

In short: Don't take anything at face value

 

About the Author

 

A. S. Kelly was born in Italy but lives in Ireland with her husband, two children and a cat named Oscar.

She’s passionate about English literature, she’s a music lover and addicted to coffee.

She spends her days in a small village North of Dublin, looking for inspiration for her next stories.

Rainy Days is her debut novel.

You can follow the author here:  Website  |  Newsletter   |  Twitter

  |  Instagram |  Goodreads   |  Bookbub

Book links: Goodreads   |  Amazon UK  |  Apple Books   |  Kobo

Thanks to A S kelly and Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for a copy of the book amd a place on the tour.  

Check out these great bloggers!

 

Comments

Popular Posts