Skip to main content

Featured

Snowflakes over Middlewick Bay by Eliza JScott #Review #MiddlewickBayBook8

I am delighted to feature the eighth in Eliza J Scott's Micklewick Bay series, Snowflakes Over Middlewick Bay , which was published by Storm Publishing on October 2nd. A wintry treat brimming with snowflakes, secrets and second chances!   When her beloved Aunt Colleen passes away, settling her affairs means doing the one thing Hannah Merryweather has spent years avoiding: returning to Micklewick Bay, the seaside town she fled years ago and has never quite found the courage to face again.   Coming home means facing the past too. Polly, her stepmother, and Darryl, her stepbrother, still loom large over the life she once knew, and the home she lost is never far from her thoughts.   Then, on her very first day back, she nearly collides with the one man she never expected to see again: Lachie, the kilted, green-eyed Scotsman who stole her heart last spring. His unexpected arrival in Micklewick Bay is the last complication Hannah needs – especially as feelings she thought she’...

The Wedding Planner by Eva Devon #WhispersBook3 #Review


Today I am delighted to welcome you to The Wedding Planner by Eva Devon. 
 
Wedding bells are ringing and gossip is spiralling in Whispers Wood…


Single mum Gloria Pavey has a bad habit of saying exactly the wrong thing at the wrong time. Determined to make a positive change she can’t say no when her best friend, Emma, asks her to take on the role of her wedding planner. The only problem? Gloria’s co-planner – best man Seth Knightley.


Wedding bells are ringing and gossip is spiralling in Whispers Wood…

Single mum Gloria Pavey has a bad habit of saying exactly the wrong thing at the wrong time. Determined to make a positive change she can’t say no when her best friend, Emma, asks her to take on the role of her wedding planner. The only problem? Gloria’s co-planner – best man Seth Knightley.

Gloria is on a self-imposed man ban but pulling together the most beautiful wedding Whispers Wood has ever seen alongside gorgeous Seth is pushing her to her limits. As every interaction increases the tension between them Gloria finds herself wondering…could the happy ever after she never thought she’d have be in her future after all?



Gloria is on a self-imposed man ban but pulling together the most beautiful wedding Whispers Wood has ever seen alongside gorgeous Seth is pushing her to her limits. As every interaction increases the tension between them Gloria finds herself wondering…could the happy ever after she never thought she’d have be in her future after all?


My Thoughts

I haven't read any of the other Whispers Book series so I came to Gloria cold yet I still realised what a great character she was. A complicated lady, she is strugging to work through her past issues and is slowly opening up to the people around her.

    I loved the 'Will they, won't they? element of the story and to watch the shadow boxing that both Gloria and Seth indulge in. What set this book apart for me was the humour. The author injects such a dry wit into the story and I loved the absolutely laugh out loud moments. I would like to read some of the earlier books just so I could appreciate how far Gloria's character has come.

 In short: Great characters and a wonderful setting.
  
About the Author


My name’s Eve Devon and I write sexy heroes, sassy heroines and happy ever afters…
 
Growing up in locations like Botswana and Venezuela gave me a taste for adventure and my love for romances began when my mother shoved one into my hands in a desperate attempt to keep me quiet during TV coverage of the Wimbledon tennis finals.


When I wasn’t consuming books by the bucket-load, I could be found pretending to be a damsel in distress or running around solving mysteries and writing down my adventures. As a teenager, I wrote countless episodes of TV detective dramas so the hero and heroine would end up together every week. As an adult, I worked in a library to conveniently continue consuming books by the bucket-load, until realising I was destined to write contemporary romance and romantic suspense myself. I live in leafy Surrey in the UK, a book-devouring, slightly melodramatic, romance-writing sassy heroine with my very own sexy hero husband! 


You can follow Eva here: Website  |  Twitter  |  Facebook

Book link: Amazon UK 

Thanks to Eva Devon and Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources  for a copy of the book and a place on the tour.  

Check out the rest of the tour!

   

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts