Skip to main content

Featured

Snowflakes over Middlewick Bay by Eliza JScott #Review #MiddlewickBayBook8

I am delighted to feature the eighth in Eliza J Scott's Micklewick Bay series, Snowflakes Over Middlewick Bay , which was published by Storm Publishing on October 2nd. A wintry treat brimming with snowflakes, secrets and second chances!   When her beloved Aunt Colleen passes away, settling her affairs means doing the one thing Hannah Merryweather has spent years avoiding: returning to Micklewick Bay, the seaside town she fled years ago and has never quite found the courage to face again.   Coming home means facing the past too. Polly, her stepmother, and Darryl, her stepbrother, still loom large over the life she once knew, and the home she lost is never far from her thoughts.   Then, on her very first day back, she nearly collides with the one man she never expected to see again: Lachie, the kilted, green-eyed Scotsman who stole her heart last spring. His unexpected arrival in Micklewick Bay is the last complication Hannah needs – especially as feelings she thought she’...

My Book Boyfriend by Kathy Strobos #Review

 

We are off to New York for today's romcom, My Book Boyfriend  by Kathy Strobos.  

Tall, dark and handsome. That’s what I thought the first time I saw Rupert Evans in the library.

But then I found out he was the developer who just sent my community garden a cease-and-desist letter because he plans to raze the garden and construct some towering monstrosity there.

The only one who is going to cease and desist is him. That community garden is my found family.

But then he asks me out at book club night.

Suspicious, right?

I’m attractive but I’m not the type hot bachelors are lining up around the block to ask out. Let’s be real. I’m still in the brunch date spot with my next-door neighbor after a year of my pursuing him.

Rupert is trying to butter me up and lead me down the garden path so I concede. Never.

He has no idea what we’ve planned to stop him. Our little community group may look like a bunch of frail roses, but we’ve got thorns. As long as I weed out these pesky feelings for him, I know we can win.


 My Thoughts

This is a well written, enemies to lovers romcom, with a varied cast of characters and a great community feeling. Set around a library in New York, it captures the spirit of the city and the people who live there. You get the clash of interests between the business world and those who want to provide a community garden for the locals, linked to the library.  Lily is determined and driven in her wish to open up opportunities for all. Rupert is torn between his love of reading and instinct to help, with more pressing career interests.

    There is plenty of humour in the story and a wry look at people's reading habits and likes. I enjoyed all the sessions which Lily led in her book club - her love for reading is quite infectious. Most of all, the secondary characters add real colour and humour to the story to go alongside the growing romance which you feel is inevitable.

In short: can love find a way?

About the Author

 

Kathy Strobos is a writer living in New York City with her husband and two children, amid a growing collection of books, toys and dollhouses. She previously worked as a lawyer before switching careers to write romantic comedies full-time and get in shape. Born and raised in Manhattan, she loves writing about NYC and the accomplished heroines who live and fall in love there, amidst its vibrant energy and the aroma of Levain Bakery chocolate chip cookies. She is the author of A Scavenger Hunt for Hearts, Partner Pursuit, Is This for Real?, Caper Crush, and My Book Boyfriend. She is still working on getting in shape.

 

You can follow Kathy here:  Website |   Facebook  |  Twitter

                                            |  Instagram 

Book links:  Amazon UK  |   US Stores

Thanks to Kathy Strobos, Strawbundle Publishing and Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for a copy of the book and a place on the tour.

 

Check out these great bloggers!


 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts