Skip to main content

Featured

A Dash of Christmas Spirit by Susan Buchanan #Review

  Welcome to Susan Buchanan for Book 5 in her Christmas Spirit series, A Dash of Christmas Spirit which was published on September 22nd! There is also a giveaway for you. Details on how to enter are at the foot of this post. CAN LARA ADD A SPRINKLING OF MAGIC THIS CHRISTMAS? Jacob introduces ever tastier treats to the Sugar and Spice cafe’s menu as the Christmas Spirit knits her magic into the lives of those finding this Christmas tough. Florence is struggling to make ends meet and afford the present she knows her son wants for Christmas. Her ex-husband flaunting his new girlfriend and their baby isn’t helping her mood. Widower Jude feels a failure as a father to his two young children after the tragic death of his wife The move to Winstanton was meant to make life easier. Can he learn to carve out time to build new friendships and give himself the chance to grieve? Rachel’s boss has given the promotion he promised her to the man twenty years her junior, whom she trained. S...

Take Me I'm Yours by Lizzie Lamb ** Blog Tour Review**

I'm delighted to be featuring Lizzie Lamb's contemporary romance, Take Me I'm Yours on the blog today. Let's find out a bit more about it:
 

India Buchanan plans to set up an English-Style bed and breakfast establishment in her great-aunt’s home, MacFarlane’s Landing, Wisconsin. But she’s reckoned without opposition from Logan MacFarlane whose family once owned her aunt’s house and now want it back. MacFarlane is in no mood to be denied. His grandfather’s living on borrowed time and Logan has vowed to ensure the old man sees out his days in their former home. India’s great-aunt has other ideas and has threatened to burn the house to the ground before she lets a MacFarlane set foot in it. There’s a story here. One the family elders aren’t prepared to share. When India finds herself in Logan’s debt, her feelings towards him change. However, the past casts a long shadow and events conspire to deny them the love and happiness they both deserve. Can India and Logan’s love overcome all odds? Or is history about to repeat itself?


My Thoughts
I found this Wisconsin love story to be a great way to start off a recent holiday and to escape into a book. The setting is stunning and you can really visualise the backdrop to the story and the house which has been at the centre of a family feud for years. The sparks are certainly flying between the Macfarlanes and the Buchanans although as we find out, there are all sorts of complications woven into the fabric of their lives. India Buchanan and Logan Macfarlane are great characters to follow and I enjoyed the dialogue between them as they sidestepped round their feelings. 

    This is an out and out romance with a charismatic hero with a touch of arrogance but a tender side. (Remind you of anybody? - Mr Darcy?) India proves that she is no doormat and I loved her feisty side. With a fast paced plot and some great sub-plots and a range of lively characters, it is a story which I was loathe to leave and would love to find out what happens next? I always know I've enjoyed a book when I re-read the last chapter and I found myself doing just that with this one. 

In short: A sparkling romance 
 
About the Author 


After teaching her 1000th pupil and working as a deputy head teacher in a large primary school, Lizzie decided to pursue her first love: writing. She joined the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s New Writers’ Scheme, wrote Tall, Dark and Kilted (2012), quickly followed by Boot Camp Bride. She went on to publish Scotch on the Rocks, which achieved Best Seller status within two weeks of appearing on Amazon and her next novel, Girl in the Castle, reached #3 in the Amazon charts. Lizzie is a founder member of indie publishing group – New Romantics Press, and has co-hosted author events at Aspinall, St Pancras and Waterstones, Kensington, talking about the research which underpins her novels.

 Lizzie latest romance Take Me, I’m Yours is set in Wisconsin, a part of the USA which she adores. She has further Scottish-themed romances planned and has just returned from a tour of the Scottish Highlands in her caravan researching men in kilts. What’s not to like? As for the years she spent as a teacher, they haven’t quite gone to waste. She is building a reputation as a go-to speaker on indie publishing, and how to plan, write, and publish a debut novel.

  Lizzie lives in Leicestershire (UK) with her husband, David.

She loves to hear from readers, so do get in touch . . .

You can follow Lizzie here: Amazon US Author Page  |  Facebook 
   |  Website  |  Newsletter   |  Linkedin   | Goodreads   |   Pinterest

Book Link: Amazon UK  

For the duration of the Blog Tour, will be downloadable for Take Me, I'm Yours for 99p! (15th - 21st September)

Do catch up with these great bloggers!

 

Comments

  1. Marianne, thank you so much for leaving this super review. I'm so glad you enjoyed the book. I usually write Scottish-themed Romance. However, as you will have read in the acknowledgements, I wrote this book for a special friend who is American. Thanks again, and just to let you know, TMIY achieved best seller stautis this morning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts