Skip to main content

Featured

A Dash of Christmas Spirit by Susan Buchanan #Review

  Welcome to Susan Buchanan for Book 5 in her Christmas Spirit series, A Dash of Christmas Spirit which was published on September 22nd! There is also a giveaway for you. Details on how to enter are at the foot of this post. CAN LARA ADD A SPRINKLING OF MAGIC THIS CHRISTMAS? Jacob introduces ever tastier treats to the Sugar and Spice cafe’s menu as the Christmas Spirit knits her magic into the lives of those finding this Christmas tough. Florence is struggling to make ends meet and afford the present she knows her son wants for Christmas. Her ex-husband flaunting his new girlfriend and their baby isn’t helping her mood. Widower Jude feels a failure as a father to his two young children after the tragic death of his wife The move to Winstanton was meant to make life easier. Can he learn to carve out time to build new friendships and give himself the chance to grieve? Rachel’s boss has given the promotion he promised her to the man twenty years her junior, whom she trained. S...

This Fragile Life by Kate Hewitt ** Blog Tour Author Guest Post & Giveaway**

I am delighted to welcome you to my second stop on the blog tour to celebrate Kate Hewitt's powerful This Fragile Life. You can read my review of the book here. There is also the chance to win a paperback copy of Kate's latest novel, A Mother's Choice, which is due out in June. Details on how to enter are at the foot of this post. 

Today, I am thrilled to feature a guest post by Kate Hewitt, on the subject of the research she had to do on IVF and also some personal thoughts on her writing.

Welcome to Books, Life and Everything, Kate. A Fragile Life is such an emotional read. 

Kate:
 

This Fragile Life, more than any other book I’ve written, is very close to my heart. I first had the germ of the idea of the book many years ago when I was living in New York City, before I was a mother myself. Then, after I’d had four children and been married for ten years, the rest of the story—with a twist I don’t want to give away—came to me and the book practically wrote itself, straight from my heart onto the page.



There was research involved, of course, including in how IVF works and the experiences of women with fertility issues. In order to make sure I wrote as accurately as possible, I spoke to several friends who had undergone IVF, and also researched the various processes and procedures involved. Having had some fertility issues myself over the years, I also channelled my own experience of the heartbreak of seeing that single line on a pregnancy test again and again.



Writing a book that means so much to you can be a very exposing thing. There is a lot of myself in the book’s main characters; Alex and Martha are polar opposites, and in some ways they are different sides of myself. The themes in the book are important to me too—sacrifice and suffering, loss and hope, all of it mixed together. That’s how life has been for me and really is for everyone. And I hope This Fragile Life, weepy that is, offers readers hope that even when the worst happens, good can come of it. Of all the messages I could give in my books, that is one that is the most important to me.



My most recent book, A Mother’s Choice, is out with Bookouture in June and has a similar theme, although the story is quite different. Like This Fragile Life, it’s a weepy—do you enjoy books that make you tear up? 

Thanks so much for these thoughts, Kate. It is a fantastic read.



About the Author



Kate Hewitt is the USA Today-bestselling author of over 60 books of women's fiction and romance. She is the author of the Hartley-by-the-Sea series, set in England's Lake District and published by Penguin. She is also, under the name Katharine Swartz, the author of the Tales from Goswell books, a series of time-slip novels set in the village of Goswell.



She likes to read romance, mystery, the occasional straight historical and angsty women's fiction; she particularly enjoys reading about well-drawn characters and avoids high-concept plots.

Having lived in both New York City and a tiny village on the windswept northwest coast of England, she now resides in a market town in Wales with her husband, five children, and an overly affectionate Golden Retriever.

You can follow Kate here: Twitter   |  Website

Book links: Goodreads   |  Amazon UK  

Thanks to Kate Hewitt and Jenny of Neverland Blog Tours for a copy of the book and a place on the tour.

                                                                Giveaway (International)

To win a paperback copy of Kate's latest novel, A Mother's Choice, due out in June,  follow the link below and good luck!



a Rafflecopter giveaway

Comments

Popular Posts