Skip to main content

Featured

Snowflakes over Middlewick Bay by Eliza JScott #Review #MiddlewickBayBook8

I am delighted to feature the eighth in Eliza J Scott's Micklewick Bay series, Snowflakes Over Middlewick Bay , which was published by Storm Publishing on October 2nd. A wintry treat brimming with snowflakes, secrets and second chances!   When her beloved Aunt Colleen passes away, settling her affairs means doing the one thing Hannah Merryweather has spent years avoiding: returning to Micklewick Bay, the seaside town she fled years ago and has never quite found the courage to face again.   Coming home means facing the past too. Polly, her stepmother, and Darryl, her stepbrother, still loom large over the life she once knew, and the home she lost is never far from her thoughts.   Then, on her very first day back, she nearly collides with the one man she never expected to see again: Lachie, the kilted, green-eyed Scotsman who stole her heart last spring. His unexpected arrival in Micklewick Bay is the last complication Hannah needs – especially as feelings she thought she’...

Booktube






Over the last year, I’ve become quite interested in the area of Youtube  known as ‘Booktube’. There are so many different people on there with interesting and thought provoking things to say about books and writing. I thought I’d highlight my favourite three.



11.  Jen Campbell found here: 

    Jen is a published author and poet who has lots of experience of working in the book trade. Her published work includes the  'Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops' series, 'The Bookshop Book' and 'The Hungry Ghost Festival'. I enjoy the range of Jen's vlogs. and she has introduced me to lots of new books and writers. Recently, Jen has started making some podcasts where she discusses bookish / writing things with literary folk and published authors. I am really looking forward to an upcoming series of vlogs on Fairy Tales which I know is a special interest of hers.

2. Reading Bukowski found here:

    Claire is at present studying Literature and has lots of perceptive things to say about the books she is reading. She also does some fantastic and evocative 'snapshot' vlogs which really capture the seasons and places she visits. She has promised more vlogs on her dissertation on Virginia Woolf which I am eagerly waiting for! 

3. Books and Things found here:

    Katie works in publishing and is a voracious reader and writer. She talks about contemporary and classic literature but her absolute first love is the Victorian era, especially Charles Dickens. Her celebratory weeks devoted to Jane Austen and most recently, the Brontës have been fantastic viewing. In May, Katie is hosting a 'Victorian style' Readalong of Our Mutual Friend, progressing through the book at the rate that it was published (1864-5). It is a great opportunity to experience reading the book as the Victorians would have done. Scheduled to last from May 2016 until November 2017, I hope that I can stay the course. Katie explains more about the Readalong here:   

Meanwhile, back to reading...

Comments

Popular Posts