Skip to main content

Featured

Snowflakes over Middlewick Bay by Eliza JScott #Review #MiddlewickBayBook8

I am delighted to feature the eighth in Eliza J Scott's Micklewick Bay series, Snowflakes Over Middlewick Bay , which was published by Storm Publishing on October 2nd. A wintry treat brimming with snowflakes, secrets and second chances!   When her beloved Aunt Colleen passes away, settling her affairs means doing the one thing Hannah Merryweather has spent years avoiding: returning to Micklewick Bay, the seaside town she fled years ago and has never quite found the courage to face again.   Coming home means facing the past too. Polly, her stepmother, and Darryl, her stepbrother, still loom large over the life she once knew, and the home she lost is never far from her thoughts.   Then, on her very first day back, she nearly collides with the one man she never expected to see again: Lachie, the kilted, green-eyed Scotsman who stole her heart last spring. His unexpected arrival in Micklewick Bay is the last complication Hannah needs – especially as feelings she thought she’...

Books, Life and Everything- an update

Well, it's been almost two months since I started this blog, so I thought I'd take stock and see where I was up to. So far, I've loved doing this and making little changes to it as I go along. I've also enjoyed looking at other people's blogs, all so individual.

I thought I'd a fill in a few gaps about me. 




I live in a small village on the outskirts of Yorkshire, within hailing distance of Manchester. I've always loved reading but it drifted a bit over the years and I've rediscovered it now that I have more time on my hands. I have a B.A. in English and a M.A. in Literature. For the latter, I wrote my dissertation on Emily Bronte and her Gondal poems. I really love Victorian writing but I am trying to widen up my reading range. I think that's why I've tried to sort my books out into the centuries , so that I can keep track of how I'm doing.

I've also started to write. I like the idea of looking at things from lots of different perspectives and that what you see on the surface isn't what is actually going on in a person- not always, anyway.

I'm not intending this blog to be anything other than a celebration of books and writing- some old favourites and some new friends. If you would be interested in writing a guest blog, I would love to hear from you.
 
Please comment on anything that strikes you, either on the blog or you can email me on bookslifeandeverything@gmail.com. I'm also on Twitter - @bookslifethings.

All for now and happy reading

Marianne

Comments

Popular Posts