Skip to main content

Featured

Snowflakes over Middlewick Bay by Eliza JScott #Review #MiddlewickBayBook8

I am delighted to feature the eighth in Eliza J Scott's Micklewick Bay series, Snowflakes Over Middlewick Bay , which was published by Storm Publishing on October 2nd. A wintry treat brimming with snowflakes, secrets and second chances!   When her beloved Aunt Colleen passes away, settling her affairs means doing the one thing Hannah Merryweather has spent years avoiding: returning to Micklewick Bay, the seaside town she fled years ago and has never quite found the courage to face again.   Coming home means facing the past too. Polly, her stepmother, and Darryl, her stepbrother, still loom large over the life she once knew, and the home she lost is never far from her thoughts.   Then, on her very first day back, she nearly collides with the one man she never expected to see again: Lachie, the kilted, green-eyed Scotsman who stole her heart last spring. His unexpected arrival in Micklewick Bay is the last complication Hannah needs – especially as feelings she thought she’...

This Year Maybe by Liz Hinds #Review #Aliss'sAdventuresBook2

I am delighted to feature Liz Hind's romcom, This Year Maybe on the blog today. Last July, I enjoyed The Dog-Walking Club so much - you can read my review here. 

 
Alison and David have been engaged for so long that even Alison’s mother has given up asking when, but it’s second time around for both of them and they’re not in any particular hurry.

That said, Alison is beginning to wonder if living with her has put David off the idea of marriage so when he suggests they set a date she is delighted. But that date is six months’ away and a lot can happen in six months – especially if you’re Alison!

 

‘My son’s been arrested, Great-aunt Millie’s fallen in love, my best friend suspects her husband of having an affair, and I still need to lose weight. How on earth can I think about getting married?’


My Thoughts

 This is a thoroughly enjoyable read with some genuinely funny parts and a range of lively characters. Alison's characters is both likeable and relatable and her family do raise a smile. There are plenty of subplots concerning her friends and family and at one point, I was left wondering just what could happen next! Alison's life is certainly chaotic and unexpected. There are some real human touches and the relationship between Alison and her mother does take a surprising turn which shows you that sometimes, behaviour is rooted right back in the past.

    I particularly enjoyed the cameo characters who came into Alison's life. The vicar's pre-marriage course made me laugh and as for Great Aunt Millie - she is an absolute hoot! David's calm persona is a real contrast to Alison's complicated life and he seems to be just what she needs. This is the second in a series but it can be read as a standalone- I did. 

In short: The road to the altar is a bumpy one, indeed!

  

About the Author


I’m a golden-retriever-loving granny, who enjoys walking by the sea or in the woods, who eats too much chocolate, and who gets over-excited when the Welsh team plays rugby.

I have self-published two novels, This Time Last Year, and The Dog-walking Club, but I'm also an experienced freelance writer and author of several non-fiction books published by Hodder & Stoughton, Scripture Union and Kevin Mayhew.

Social media links:




Facebook  @LizHinds99

Twitter @Liz_Hinds99

Pinterest Not Another Wannabe Writer

Book link:  Amazon UK  |  Amazon US

Thanks to Liz Hinds and Rachel of Rachel's Random Resources for a copy of the book and a place on the tour. 
 
Check out these great bloggers!
 

 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts