Skip to main content

Featured

Snowflakes over Middlewick Bay by Eliza JScott #Review #MiddlewickBayBook8

I am delighted to feature the eighth in Eliza J Scott's Micklewick Bay series, Snowflakes Over Middlewick Bay , which was published by Storm Publishing on October 2nd. A wintry treat brimming with snowflakes, secrets and second chances!   When her beloved Aunt Colleen passes away, settling her affairs means doing the one thing Hannah Merryweather has spent years avoiding: returning to Micklewick Bay, the seaside town she fled years ago and has never quite found the courage to face again.   Coming home means facing the past too. Polly, her stepmother, and Darryl, her stepbrother, still loom large over the life she once knew, and the home she lost is never far from her thoughts.   Then, on her very first day back, she nearly collides with the one man she never expected to see again: Lachie, the kilted, green-eyed Scotsman who stole her heart last spring. His unexpected arrival in Micklewick Bay is the last complication Hannah needs – especially as feelings she thought she’...

Review Policy


Having looked at quite a few other lovely book blogs, I thought that I would set out a review policy now that I am finding my feet.





Books, Life and Everything is currently open to receiving requests to read Advance Reading Copies and Review Copies. Preferred genres are contemporary fiction, historical fiction, dystopian, SFF, mysteries, children's literature, short stories and poetry. I will consider any request but YA, erotica, horror and romance are not likely to be accepted.

I will give an honest review in exchange but reserve the right to write frankly. I am not receiving recompense for any reviews which are in my own words. I do not use a grading system but set out my personal opinion of the book.


Although I prefer a paper copy of a book, I will consider e copies compatible with a Kindle (mobi) or an i pad.

This blog is my hobby. I cannot promise to agree to every review request but will consider all queries. If I agree to read your book, I will endeavour to post a review within two months. If a different timescale is needed, please feel free to discuss this with me. If, after reading your book, I feel I am unable to post a review, I will let you know.  Acceptance of a book does not mean that I will post a review.
                     
Many of the books which I review are those which I have purchased myself, are gifts from family and friends or library books. I will disclose the source of any other books within the review. Book reviews are posted on Books, Life and Everything and sometimes, Amazon and Goodreads.

Any requests should be directed to bookslifeandeverything@gmail.com. 

Marianne 

Update 23rd March 2018 

All of the above applies still. Just to add that Children's books will be reviewed on my Children's books blog at catandmousereading.blogspot.com.

I am also willing to feature writers in my Meet the Author slot. If you want to be on there, just drop me an email at bookslifeandeverything@gmail.com and I will send you my list of questions. You can answer as many or as few as you like. Alternatively, you might like to write A Day in the Life of ... either yourself or your main character.  


Children's authors might like to be featured in Cat and Mouse's Reading Corner where you can pull up a bean bag and talk about your latest book- just ask for the prompt at catandmousereading@gmail.com.

Marianne

Comments

Popular Posts