Books, Life and Everything- An Introduction




 I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”


Jane Austen   Pride and Prejudice

Hello! I thought I'd begin with those words from Jane Austen, as she knew a thing or two about books - and life and everything. I may as well come out and admit it. I like Jane Austen rather a lot. I may be talking about her, now and again. Don't worry though, I also like quite a few other writers, especially Henry James and Thomas Hardy. I am partial to the classics as they are known, but I do intend to broaden out  the books that I read and go for a varied mix. I am going to start with a book I recently reread for the book club I go to : George Eliot's Silas Marner.

Anyway, welcome to this blog which you have stumbled across. Stay awhile and see what you think.



Comments

Popular Posts