Skip to main content

Featured

Snowflakes over Middlewick Bay by Eliza JScott #Review #MiddlewickBayBook8

I am delighted to feature the eighth in Eliza J Scott's Micklewick Bay series, Snowflakes Over Middlewick Bay , which was published by Storm Publishing on October 2nd. A wintry treat brimming with snowflakes, secrets and second chances!   When her beloved Aunt Colleen passes away, settling her affairs means doing the one thing Hannah Merryweather has spent years avoiding: returning to Micklewick Bay, the seaside town she fled years ago and has never quite found the courage to face again.   Coming home means facing the past too. Polly, her stepmother, and Darryl, her stepbrother, still loom large over the life she once knew, and the home she lost is never far from her thoughts.   Then, on her very first day back, she nearly collides with the one man she never expected to see again: Lachie, the kilted, green-eyed Scotsman who stole her heart last spring. His unexpected arrival in Micklewick Bay is the last complication Hannah needs – especially as feelings she thought she’...

Books, Life and Everything- An Introduction




 “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”


Jane Austen   Pride and Prejudice

Hello! I thought I'd begin with those words from Jane Austen, as she knew a thing or two about books - and life and everything. I may as well come out and admit it. I like Jane Austen rather a lot. I may be talking about her, now and again. Don't worry though, I also like quite a few other writers, especially Henry James and Thomas Hardy. I am partial to the classics as they are known, but I do intend to broaden out  the books that I read and go for a varied mix. I am going to start with a book I recently reread for the book club I go to : George Eliot's Silas Marner.

Anyway, welcome to this blog which you have stumbled across. Stay awhile and see what you think.



Comments

Popular Posts