Skip to main content

Featured

A Dash of Christmas Spirit by Susan Buchanan #Review

  Welcome to Susan Buchanan for Book 5 in her Christmas Spirit series, A Dash of Christmas Spirit which was published on September 22nd! There is also a giveaway for you. Details on how to enter are at the foot of this post. CAN LARA ADD A SPRINKLING OF MAGIC THIS CHRISTMAS? Jacob introduces ever tastier treats to the Sugar and Spice cafe’s menu as the Christmas Spirit knits her magic into the lives of those finding this Christmas tough. Florence is struggling to make ends meet and afford the present she knows her son wants for Christmas. Her ex-husband flaunting his new girlfriend and their baby isn’t helping her mood. Widower Jude feels a failure as a father to his two young children after the tragic death of his wife The move to Winstanton was meant to make life easier. Can he learn to carve out time to build new friendships and give himself the chance to grieve? Rachel’s boss has given the promotion he promised her to the man twenty years her junior, whom she trained. S...

Books, Life and Everything- An Introduction




 “I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of any thing than of a book! -- When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.”


Jane Austen   Pride and Prejudice

Hello! I thought I'd begin with those words from Jane Austen, as she knew a thing or two about books - and life and everything. I may as well come out and admit it. I like Jane Austen rather a lot. I may be talking about her, now and again. Don't worry though, I also like quite a few other writers, especially Henry James and Thomas Hardy. I am partial to the classics as they are known, but I do intend to broaden out  the books that I read and go for a varied mix. I am going to start with a book I recently reread for the book club I go to : George Eliot's Silas Marner.

Anyway, welcome to this blog which you have stumbled across. Stay awhile and see what you think.



Comments